Thursday, September 07, 2006

A little bit of history

I went through all my long stored up photos and decided to post some photos from the past with a few notes added. Once that's done I'm hoping I will be diligent and post on at least a bi-weekly basis in keeping with the true blogging spirit.

Grampa Haselden and Dad
A couple of goodlookin' men.







Kat and Kirk at Grandpa Haselden's House


The kitchen was always where all the action was at grandpa and grandma Haselden's house. Grandma always seemed to be cooking or cleaning up after cooking or getting ready to cook. When she wasn't doing all that she and grandpa would sit at the table and smoke and drink coffee and give each other heck. I have a couple of mugs that they used to drink from - dark with coffee stains-a comfort to me when I drink hot camomile tea at night. It's nice knowing I can still share something with them.

All us kids perfectly dressed for Church

What mom must have gone through every Sunday getting us ready. Look at us girls with white gloves and purses, and the boys in suits, what a great looking family. I don't remember taking this picture or where is was taken. From my age I think it's probably in Alabama - if any family member knows, feel free to comment. Those were the days - we were all so thin!!

Me between the two boys as usual !

Kat and Kirk - Early years and Teen years



No comments: